Deerwalk Plan Analytics Version 9.3 Introduces Census Reporting, Trigger Diagnosis Report Updates, and Enhancements to Deerwalk Episodes
Deerwalk's latest release of Plan Analytics introduces new custom content generation and enhanced workflows for better reporting
This month’s release of Deerwalk Plan Analytics, the flagship population health analytics and reporting application, incorporates new features in version 9.3:
- Updated Report: Trigger Diagnosis
- New! Census Reporting
- Enhancement: Bundled Payments (Deerwalk Episodes)
1. Updated Report: Trigger Diagnosis
The Trigger Diagnosis Report retrieves a list of all the members from a selected population whose claims experience in a specified time period contains at least one trigger diagnosis code. We've updated the report to improve existing workflows by adding more information and enhancing the appearance of the report. This includes improving legibility by breaking out individual diagnoses and grouping closely related individual diagnoses into categories. In addition to adding individual codes, we also added fields such as the last date of service for a specific category and the total amount a plan paid for that category.
Note: The list of trigger diagnosis codes are updated annually.
2. New! Census Reporting
Deerwalk's existing Member Search functionality allows you to build and view lists of members using various custom parameters and filters. You can now create multiple Census Reports directly from this flexible Member Search, and then easily save and share these views. These reports can be exported to PDF, Excel, or Word and published to Report Manager for bundling and scheduling.
3. Enhancement: Bundled Payments (Deerwalk Episodes)
The release of Plan Analytics v9.2 featured the first wave of development of Deerwalk Episodes, which included a new data type called Bundled Payments. In Plan Analytics v9.3, the Bundled Payments data search allows you to query, summarize, and drill down into records using several new data fields:
- Servicing provider information - view provider details such as specialty, city, state, and zip code.
- Utilization metrics - track non-maternity admissions, avoidable admissions, and avoidable ER visits associated with each episode.
- Risk scores - access members' concurrent risk at the time of episode or bundled payments and view the risk-adjusted payment amount to cut through member risk variables that can alter the cost of an acute event; this allows you to compare bundled payments for members with similar risk scores and view episodes side by side on a risk-adjusted level playing field at the population level.
- Care alerts - view members' Care Alert scores at the time of episode and from that specific payment category.
Schedule a demo to learn more about how to use Deerwalk Plan Analytics and the latest features.
Subscribe to our blog or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to join the conversation.